Tuesday 21 March 2017

Parenting at a young age

Hey there...

This post is about something that I'm apprehensive about sharing with you all. 

The thing is, our family is a bit different from the average family. We happen to only live with one parent. My Mum is the only adult in the household, which can be both rewarding and challenging at different times. 

My Mum and Dad have been divorced since I was 7 and I no longer see my Dad considering some circumstances. My Mum remarried when I was 11 which brought another man into mine and my brothers life. This was a difficult time in my life as I wasn't that keen for my Mum to have a new husband after what happened with my Dad. 

Then recently my Mum and Stepdad separated which was a big struggle for my family. It was really hard at first but is getting easier as time goes on. Now we have a family of 5, four kids and one adult. We are getting on just fine and are actually coping pretty well with our new life. Finding it much more relaxed and enjoyable. We also just moved house which is a nice change and is helping us start over with a new beginning. 

Anyway the main point of this post was the fact that, as my Mum is a single parent, I happen to do a large part of looking after my younger siblings. I also help a lot with the cooking and cleaning. I find this difficult at times as I am expected to act like an adult in some areas but in others, like discipline, I'm still a kid. This takes some time getting used to but I am coping pretty well and mostly enjoying the responsibility. 

Sorry that this was a bit of a more serious post, I just wanted to explain our circumstances. 

Saraya xx

________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment